Receive news and information about drunk driving, victims services and underage drinking prevention.
Cinco de Mayo
Cinco de Mayo has become a big night out for many people, particularly young adults. Whether meeting a few friends after work or attending a Cinco de Mayo party, those celebrating this year should be sure to take some key steps for safety.
If you are planning to drink on Cinco de Mayo:
- Plan ahead to designate a sober driver before going out to celebrate
- Eat during the evening by enjoying your favorite Mexican foods during the evening
- If you can’t plan ahead, ask a sober friend for a ride home or call a cab or friend or family member to come and get you
- Use mass transit if available
- Take the keys and never let a friend leave your sight if you think they are too impaired to drive.