Volunteers are the lifeblood of MADD—full of passion and compassion for our mission. Join our army of ordinary citizens who’ve become extraordinary activists in saving lives and preventing injuries.
Whether you’re interested in volunteering a couple of times a year or a couple of times a week, there’s a place for you at MADD. And we have a wide variety of opportunities to match your interests and expertise. Some options include:
- Advocate for Change: Work to strengthen existing laws and pass new ones. Get started by emailing your legislators.
- Lend a Shoulder: Become a trained volunteer Victim Advocate or a Help Line volunteer and provide emotional support to victims and survivors.
- Advise a Board: Consider a community leadership role by serving on a local advisory board.
- Take Steps to Raise Funds: Sign up for Walk Like MADD in your community or as a virtual walker online to help raise mission funds to end drunk driving.
- Speak Out: Join the Speakers Bureau program and speak at schools, civic groups, clubs and other organizations.
- Spread the Word: Distribute MADD’s Tie One On For Safety red ribbons to encourage people not to drink and drive. Tie a ribbon on your vehicle to show your commitment.
- Monitor the Courts: Ensure that justice is being served by monitoring DUI cases.
- Help Victims Be Heard: Coordinate a Victim Impact Panel where victims share their story to drunk and drugged driving offenders.
- Flex Some Power: Inspire youth, train parents or mobilize community activities to prevent underage drinking and reduces alcohol access to youth.
- Honor Heroes: Recognize law enforcement and first responders at shift briefings or sobriety checkpoints to say thanks for keeping our roads safe.
- Roll Up Your Sleeves: Help set up events, run an information booth or attend community fairs.
- Mail Some Help: Research local drunk and drugged driving crashes, then mail "We Care" cards to the victims of these tragic events.
- Give a Hand: Answer phones, make copies or perform other office support duties.
To get started, find your state below and fill out their volunteer form.