Receive news and information about drunk driving, victims services and underage drinking prevention.
MADD Drunk/Victim Impact Panel General Information
The DUI Victim Impact Panel Program is an awareness program for offenders convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol or other drugs. The panels consist of a non-confrontational presentation consisting of crime victims telling their own personal stories of how impaired drivers forever changed their lives. The panel presents a unique perspective to the offender that is often overlooked or simply cannot be taught by the courts and the DUI offender schools.
The program was created with the purpose of helping to restore the health and well-being of victims of drunk driving crashes. In addition, it shows offenders first-hand about the trauma, physical pain, emotional suffering and devastation, financial loss, anger and frustration that is commonly experienced by innocent victims and their family members resulting from a DUI-related crash.
MADD Colorado's programs and services—including Victim Impact Panels—are presented by the law firm of Bachus & Schanker.
Only court-ordered, post-sentence attendees will receive verification of attendance.
Please bring the following:
- Court order of attendance paperwork
- Court case number
- The fee is $25.00 MONEY ORDER ONLY (payable to MADD)
- You MUST present a picture ID at the panel in order to attend
- Check-in time and start time for the panels is listed next to each panel below. You will NOT be admitted after the presentations start. Seating is first come-first serve. If the panel fills up before the presentation time, you will not be able to attend that panel. This is strictly enforced due to fire code capacity!
- THERE IS NO PRE-REGISTRATION for the panels, so you may attend whichever panel you choose.
- Panels run from 1 hour 30 minutes - 2 hours in length
- Weather cancellation/emergency cancellation information is listed on the phone number next to each panel below. (MADD has no professional affiliation with any panel venues, therefore contact MADD offices directly for cancellation information). Call the number the day of the panel to ensure the panel is still scheduled.
- We have listed the address for each location; you can use www.maps.google.com to find the location.
- Community Members and Guests may attend a panel for $15.00 and will not receive verification of attendance.
- If you have any other questions about these panels, please call the number listed next to the panel you are planning on attending.
(MADD does not have any religious affiliation. Some of the panels are held in churches; the churches are used only as a meeting space.)
VICTIM IMPACT PANEL SCHEDULE
The Victim Impact Panel Schedule for MADD Colorado is now online. Please use the links below to view the scheduled panels.