Being traumatized by the devastating effects of drunk driving is so overwhelming that I often say there are no human words to describe the intensity of the suffering. Thankfully, there are special individuals who do not shy away from our pain and instead embrace us for as long as we need.
Receive news and information about drunk driving, victims services and underage drinking prevention.
Power of You(th)®
MADD Georgia Teen Influencer Group
Teens of Georgia:
MADD Georgia is excited to announce the formation of the Teen Influencer Group! The goal of this group of students is to provide a youth voice for underage drinking prevention across the state and serve as role models for other youth. As a Teen Influencer you will also provide an invaluable youth perspective to ensure our local underage drinking prevention efforts resonate with teens.
YOU have the power to take a stand by applying to be a member of MADD’s Teen Influencer Group!
Teens selected to be members of the Teen Influencer Group will have the opportunity, for one year, to commit to the following:
- Participate in planning meetings with other teens from across Georgia.
- Participate in projects to empower teens across Georgia to take a stand against underage drinking, e.g., working groups, events, media interviews.
- Work with the MADD Georgia State Office to develop activities that can be done within your school and community to stop drunk driving, serve the victims of this violent crime and to prevent underage drinking.
- Be a role model and positive influence to your peers.
- To be eligible to participate in this influential group of student leaders, applicants must be:
- A citizen or legal resident of the United States.
- Ages 13-18 and enrolling in grades 7-11 in an accredited public, private, or home school in compliance with the laws of the state in which the school resides during the 2013-2014 school year.
- Pledge to be alcohol, tobacco, and illegal drug (non-prescription) free.
- Ability to be an active participant in the Group for one school year.
MADD Georgia Teen Influencer Group is made possible by generous funding from the Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation.
Are you looking to take a MADD class or MADD VIP class?
MADD Georgia sincerely thanks the presenting sponsor for the 2013 Walk Like MADD in Atlanta
Founded by a mother whose daughter was killed by a drunk driver, Mothers Against Drunk Driving® (MADD) is the nation’s largest nonprofit working to protect families from drunk driving and underage drinking. With the help of those who want a safer future, MADD’s Campaign to Eliminate Drunk Driving® will end this danger on America’s roads. PowerTalk 21™ is the national day for parents to talk with their kids about alcohol, using the proven strategies of Power of Parents, It’s Your Influence™ to reduce the risk of underage drinking. And as one of the largest victim services organizations in the U.S., MADD also supports drunk driving victims and survivors at no charge, serving one person every 10 minutes at 1-877-MADD-HELP.
MADD, in the state of Georgia, serves all 159 Georgia counties as well as those from other states affected by Georiga crashes. Click on Locations tab for local MADD presence in specific communities otherwise contact the State Office for information on volunteering and/or victim services. Get involved today by signing up a 2013 walk team to Walk Like MADD on September 7th at Atlantaic Station in downtown Atlanta. Together, these programs ensure that MADD achieves its lifesaving mission