A person’s life is forever changed following a drunk or drugged driving crash. Many victims and survivors are left not knowing what to do or where to turn. MADD Victim Services is here to help those following the aftermath of a crash at no cost to the victim.
Victim Services Provided at No Charge- we strive to provide as many services as possible to victims of drugged and drunk driving crashes. Listed below are some examples of services that MADD may be able to provide, the actual services provided will be based on availability.
- Offer emotional support to those impacted by phone, in person or via email
- Provide a wide selection of free brochures and literature, available in both English and Spanish related to the aftermath of the crash.
- Provide information, education and assistance in understanding the various laws related to drunk and drugged driving laws in your area
- Education on the criminal justice process and court proceedings
- Assistance with preparation of a Victim Impact Statement to present at the sentencing of the offender. Depending on availability, sometimes MADD can provide accompaniment to court or if you are unable to attend, keep you informed of the legal proceedings
- Assist victims in understanding their rights as a victim and completing an application for Crime Victims Compensation
- Assist in preparing statements for parole hearings or probation hearings
- Referrals to local community resources including but not limited to support groups, crisis professional counselors, and civil attorneys.
To be put in touch with a MADD Victim Advocate in your area or if you need to speak with someone immediately, call MADD's Victim/Survivor Helpline at 1-877-MADD-HELP (877-623-3435).
MADD offers support to victims/survivors of drunk and drugged driving
Losses come in many forms compounded by traumatic events. Don’t let hesitations stop you from seeking help. Join our open support group as we explore various topics weekly such as self care, grief stages, transitions, building strength, resilience, and more! This group is for adults only.
MADD Support Group meets first Tuesday Monthly from 6:00 pm-7:30 pm at the City of Troy Recreation, 3179 Livernois, Troy, MI 48083. Conference Room 404
- Tuesday, April 5, 2016
- Tuesday, May 3, 2016
- Tuesday, June 7, 2016
- Tuesday, July 12, 2016 (second Tuesday of month due to holiday)
Contact Lisa Radtke, Program Coordinator for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Betsy Harris – Northern & Upper MI
MI Victim Helpline 800-323-6233
Stephanie Hurst – Western MI
Angel Harris – Southern MI
Travis Reece – Eastern MI