Receive news and information about drunk driving, victims services and underage drinking prevention.
MADD MI Court-Ordered Drunk/Victim Impact Panels
A Victim Impact Panel is a program presented by Mother's Against Drunk Driving as a face to face venue between those convicted of drunk driving and a panel of victims whose lives are changed forever because of someone's choice to drink and drive. It is a learning process to make offenders realize what it is like to be on the victim's side of the room. It is non-confrontational and non-judgmental. MADD merely wants everyone to understand the pain and tragedy of this senseless crime. This is conveyed through victims and their stories. We at MADD Michigan believe this is the most powerful program we have. We can speak face to face with offenders and we hope to make a difference. We won't reach everyone BUT we will reach some!
NOTE: MADD Michigan holds MIP (Minor In Possession) youth victim impact panels for individuals under the age of 21 years old. Anyone under 21 years of age should attend these panels and not those Victim Impact Panels with an adult focus.
- You must bring a MONEY ORDER made out to MADD MI. No cash or personal checks will be accepted.
- Registration time and panel start time are listed for each panel site.
- The panel of speakers begins promptly. If you are late, you will NOT be admitted.
- The panel is approximately 2 hours in length.
- There is NO PRE-REGISTRATION for the panels.
- Panels may be cancelled at any time. Check this website page for cancellation information.
- Do not contact the venue or location as they have no information regarding the Victim Impact Panel.
- If you are suspected of using alcohol or drugs, law enforcement will be called and you will be asked to leave. No credit for attendance or refund will be given.
- Space is limited at some panel venues. Therefore, please arrive early.
- If you choose to leave at any time during the presentation, you will not be admitted to re-enter and no credit for attendance or refund will be given.
- If you are asked to leave by a panel administration, no credit for attendance or refund will be given.
- Community members and guests may attend a panel at no charge, providing seating is available. Those not court-ordered to attend will NOT receive verification of attendance.
- Although some panels may be conducted in churches, MADD does not have a religious affiliation.
- Attendees given a Certificate of Attendance is responsible for maintaining the document. There will a $25 additional charge for a replacement certificate.
Please bring the following on the day of the panel:
- A form of personal photo identification.
- Court order of attendance paperwork.
- Your court case number.
- A MONEY ORDER. No cash or personal checks will be accepted.