More From Tennessee
Archived Blogs from MADD Tennessee Listed by Topic
We appreciate the support of concerned citizens who share our passion to keep Tennessee roadways and communities safe! If you are concerned about a situation involving drunk or drugged driving or underage drinking, we have several resources and suggestions that can show you how you can make a difference!
We provide free victim assistance through our 24 hour helpline at 1-877-MADD-HELP. We also have local Victims' Services Specialists and/or Advocates who can provide you with a variety of services and resources. To get connected with these services in Tennessee call 1-800-544-6233 x 4755. In addition, we've listed some resources below that victims and survivors of impaired driving crashes or underage drinking incidents may find helpful.
- Holiday Hints for Surviving Grief - Holidays can be difficult after the loss of a loved one: i.e. birthdays, anniversaries, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. This tips may be of use to you or the ones you love.
- Gifts to Remember a Lost Loved One - Victims/Survivors often long for a touching way to remember lost loved ones. This list provides ideas for keepsakes and gifts that can create treasured pieces that will help keep the memory of loved ones close in a tangible way.
- Additional Online Victim Services Information - A wide variety of general information, links to victim resources, stories from other victims, and opportunities to share your family's story are available on our MADD National Website.
- Local Classes for Healing and/or Support - Your Heart on Art
- Archived MADD Tennessee Blogs Relating to Victims' Services and Support
MADD Tennessee appreciates the relentless dedication of our hardworking volunteers. Without them, we would never be able to do all that we do to accomplish our mission: to end drunk driving, help fight drugged driving, support the victims of these crimes, and prevent underage drinking. Below is a list of resources available for those who are interested in becoming a volunteer and for those who are already working with us.
- Interested in Becoming a Volunteer - learn more about the specific volunteer opportunities available in Tennessee.
- Victims/Survivors: are you ready to share your story? - become a Victim Impact Panel speaker.
Part of MADD's mission is to prevent underage drinking because we know how dangerous it is to our youth - for a variety of reasons. We offer several free tools to help parents protect their most precious resource: their kids!
- Click here if you would be interested in attending a Power of Parents workshop locally.
- Click here if you would be interested in hosting a local Power of Parents workshop.
- Has your family had an underage drinking incident that caused the death or injury of a loved one? MADD wants to help with free victims' services.
- Additonal Online Resources and Information on Underage Drinking Prevention - A wide variety of general information along with links to parent, community, and school resources are available on our MADD National Website.
- Click here if you would like to request a MADD speaker to come to your school.
- Online resources are available on our MADD National Website including Educator and Community Resource kits.
- MADD Tennessee is proud to support law enforcement and is grateful for their efforts to keep our roadways safe with concentrated, research-based DUI enforcement. MADD recognizes the risks inherent to officers as they put their own lives on the line to keep us safe and honors those with a proven track record of diligent determination to keep drunk and drugged drivers off our roads. For more information on our MADD Law Enforcement Recognition awards, click here.
- We offer free Sobriety Checkpoint resources to help law enforcement add meaning and a sense of realism to their high visibility law enforcement efforts. We can supply Sobriety Checkpoint Brochures in print and/or pdf format by region. We also would love to supply your agency with Memorial Checkpoint signs for display. These signs show names, dates, and photos of the victims of impaired driving and help drivers understand the real purpose behind the stop. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can my company/business support MADD Tennessee's mission?
- Restaurants can partner with MADD to provide a free lunch or dinner to law enforcement officers and first responders over Labor Day Weekend as part of our Blue Line Special to show appreciation for the hard work they do! Click the link to find out more.
- MADD is looking for sponsors for our 2nd Annual Statewide Night of Remembrance and Awards Ceremony.
- Put together a Team for a Walk Like MADD in your area. We have upcoming events in Nashville and Memphis. Contact email@example.com for details.
Are there any creative ways I can support MADD financially?
- Double your donation or get your company to donate on behalf of your volunteer hours through your company's matching gift program.
- Designate MADD Tennessee as your charity of choice on your Kroger card and Kroger will donate to MADD.
- Drop used clothing and shoes at designated local recycling boxes and MADD will receive a portion of the proceeds.
- Donate your used car to MADD.
Paid Staff Opportunities
The people at MADD are very passionate about what we do! To join our team, click here for opportunities in your area.