Receive news and information about drunk driving, victims services and underage drinking prevention.
Victim Impact Panels
The DUI Victim Impact Panel Program is an awareness program for offenders convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol or other drugs.
The panels consist of a non-confrontational presentation consisting of crime victims telling their own personal stories of how an impaired driving crash changed their lives forever.
The panel presents a unique perspective to the offender that is often overlooked or simply cannot be taught by the courts or the DUI offender schools.
The program was created with the purpose of helping to restore the health and well-being of victims of drunk driving crashes. In addition, it allows offenders the opportunity to hear a first-hand account of the life changing trauma, physical pain, emotional suffering and devastation, financial loss, anger and frustration that is commonly experienced by innocent victims and their family members resulting from a DUI-related crash.
Participants MUST bring the following:
- A Photo ID
- A $35.00 CASHIERS CHECK OR MONEY ORDER made payable to MADD TN. Cash or Checks WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Check-in time and start time for the panel is listed for each city in the links to each panel below. You will NOT be admitted after the presentations start. Seating is first come-first serve. If the panel fills up before the presentation time, you will not be able to attend that panel. This is strictly enforced due to fire code capacity.
- THERE IS NO PRE-REGISTRATION for the panels, so you may attend whichever panel you choose.
- Panels are approximately between 60 minutes and 90 minutes in length.
- Once the panel has started, you will not be allowed to leave the room. A certificate of completion will be given at the end of the panel. Only court-ordered attendees will receive verification of attendance.
- Please do not bring family or friends to the panel. No children will be admitted unless court ordered and accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Cell phone use is not permitted at any time during the panel. If your cell phone rings or you are caught using your phone in any way, you will be asked to leave.
- Drinking and/or drug use prior to attendance is strictly prohibited. If you appear to be under the influence upon your arrival, you will not be allowed to enter the panel.
- Weather cancellation/emergency cancellation information will be listed on this website next to each panel link below. (MADD has no professional affiliation with any panel venues, therefore please DO NOT contact them cancellation information)
Please DO NOT call our office for directions. We have listed the address for each location; you can use www.maps.google.com to find the location.
- There is a $15.00 replacement fee for lost attendance certificates. Call our office with your name and date of attendance for information on how to replace a lost certificate.
(MADD does not have any religious affiliation. Some of the panels are held in churches; the churches are used only as a meeting space.)
FOR INFORMATION REGARDING A VICTIM IMPACT PANEL NEAR YOU, PLEASE CLICK ON THE CITY LINKS BELOW.
2014 Nashville - Please not that the Nashville VIP location and some of the dates have changed.
2014 Cleveland Please not that the June 23 VIP in Cleveland has been cancelled.