Every 90 seconds, someone is injured in a drunk driving crash. And as we know, first there’s the crash, then the lifelong impact. No one should try to minimize the challenge of adjusting to a new future or letting go of an old life. The reality is that many injured victims must build new lives, and often that includes a new career.
Receive news and information about drunk driving, victims services and underage drinking prevention.
3910 S Interstate 35, #225
Austin, TX 78704 (map)
2012 Alcohol Related Deaths in Texas 1,296
- For the first time in six years, drunk driving deaths have increased. And not just by a little — by almost five percent.
- In 2012, 10,322 people died in drunk driving crashes.
- This means that every day in America, another 28 people die as a result of drunk driving — a 100 percent preventable crime.
- Overall in 2012 traffic fatalities increased by 3.3 percent to 33,561.
- Drunk driving fatalities account for 31 percent of traffic fatalities.
State by state fatality data was also released and can found here
MADD Central Texas Office hours: 8:00 - 4:30 M-F
3910 S IH-35, Austin TX, 78704
Name Ext. Number
Jaime Gutierrez, Executive Director 4858
Toni Logan, General Information * - Sr Office Admin 4850
(*court ordered community service hours for alcohol related offenses)
Karah Ricketts - Volunteer Coordinator 4855
Glynnis Odom – Victim Services Manager 4852
Carmen Castro - Victim Services 4851
Myra Constable - Court Monitoring Program 4856
Angela Tidwell - Law Enforcement Program 4857
Shalandra Rogers, Grant Programs Manager 4854
Eliminate Drunk Driving and the high costs of DWI :
http://docs.bryantx.gov/DWI/ "The Cost of DWI"
Support MADD and raise awareness with your license plate!