MADD Texas is here to support victims/survivors dealing with the tragedy of DUI crashes. We service all the counties of Texas.
MADD offers free direct victim services to victims/survivors of impaired driving crashes. MADD's Victim Advocates provide emotional support, guidance through the justice systems, and information and referrals. Many victims/survivors of impaired driving crashes have had their lives turned upside down and they often need support.
MADD services are for all of those victimized by the crime of drunk driving, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, or relationship to the victim. All of our victim services are free.
Victim Support Group - if you are interested in participating, please call us at (512) 445-4976.
Free Victim Services Provided:
- Offering emotional support and provide information by phone or in person
- Provides a wide selection of free literature, available in English and Spanish for victims/survivors
- Assist victims in obtaining and completing an application for Crime Victims Compensation
- Assist in providing a list of professional counselors skilled to work with crash victims
- Assistance in obtaining crash reports and/or the offenders driving record
- Assist in understanding the various laws related to drunk driving laws and victim rights in Alabama
- Referrals to civil attorneys specializing in wrongful death and personal injury cases
- Assistance with preparation of a Victim Impact Statement to present at the sentencing of the offender
- Accompany you to court or if you are unable to attend, keep you informed of the legal proceedings
- Assist in preparing statements for parole hearings