MADD's Impact Panels serve as an awareness program designed for offenders convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol or other drugs. The panels consist of a non-confrontational presentation given by survivors sharing their own personal stories of how impaired driving forever changed their lives. The panel presents a unique perspective to the offender, one that is often overlooked or simply cannot be taught by the courts or DWI offender schools.
The program was created with the purpose of helping to restore the health and well-being of survivors and those experiencing vicarious trauma from impaired driving crashes. In addition, it shows offenders first-hand the trauma, physical pain, emotional suffering and devastation, financial loss, anger and frustration that is commonly experienced after an impaired driving crash.
Click below to see Impact Panel Schedules
Fredericksburg Panel - not available at this moment
Only court-ordered, post-sentence attendees will receive verification of attendance.
Please bring the following:
- Court order of attendance paperwork
- Court case number
- The fee is $35.00 MONEY ORDER ONLY (payable to MADD)
- You MUST present a picture ID at the panel in order to attend
- Check-in time and start time for the panels is listed next to each panel. You will NOT be admitted after the presentations start. Seating is first come-first serve. If the panel fills up before the presentation time, you will not be able to attend that panel. This is strictly enforced due to fire code capacity!
- THERE IS NO PRE-REGISTRATION for the panels, so you may attend whichever panel you choose.
- Panels run from 1 hour 30 minutes - 2 hours in length
- Weather cancellation/emergency cancellation information can only determined by calling the MADD Office hosting the panel, NOT THE VENUE. Call the number the day of the panel to ensure the panel is still scheduled.
- We have listed the address for each location; you can use www.maps.google.com to find the location.
- Community Members and Guests may attend a panel for $15.00 but will not receive verification of attendance.
- If you have any other questions about these panels, please call the number listed next to the panel you are planning on attending.
Please click on the county name to find out about Victim Impact Panels in your area.
Please do NOT call Impact Panel locations for registration information. You MUST bring a photo ID and pay by money order.