Thank you for your interest in MADD. Financial support is vital to advancing our mission to stop drunk driving, support the victims of this violent crime and prevent underage drinking.
Why Support MADD?
- We're more than you may think we are. Yes, we're mothers...but we are also fathers, sons, daughters, friends, relatives and neighbors looking out for each other and you.
- MADD is not against drinking for legal adults; however, we do support not drinking until reaching the legal drinking age of 21 because we want to protect young people from the serious dangers and consequences caused by alcohol. MADD is not a prohibitionist organization.
- MADD is one of the top three most credible and best-liked charities, alongside the American Cancer Society and the United Way.
- Four out of five adults (78%) have heard of MADD.
- 55% of people view MADD as very favorable and consider MADD a good cause and agree with our mission.
- 62% of people feel that MADD is effective.
- 49% of people say they have a higher opinion of companies who sponsor MADD. 60% of MADD’s 3 million donors feel the same way.
Does MADD accept funds from the alcohol industry?
MADD does NOT accept any funds or in-kind donations from the alcohol industry. In fact, such contributions are prohibited by the Position Statements passed by MADD's national board of directors.