National Teen Influencer Group
YOU have the power to take a stand by applying to be a member of MADD’s National Teen Influencer Group!
MADD is looking for outstanding teens to lead teens across the nation to take a stand against underage drinking as a part of the 2014-2015 Power of You(th)® National Teen Influencer Group, nationally sponsored by State Farm®.
Ten teens will be selected to work closely with MADD National staff to shape and create initiatives to empower teens to not drink before 21 or ride in a car with someone who has been drinking. You will also serve as youth ambassadors for MADD within your state and community. You will build a network of like-minded peers from across the country and experience leadership skills, media training, effective underage drinking prevention initiatives, and new friendships.
This position requires time, thought and creativity. The biggest reward, however, is the opportunity to positively influence teens across the nation and help save lives!
To be eligible to participate you must:
- Be 13-18 years old.
- Be enrolled as a full time student in an accredited high school, private school or home school program during the 2014-2015 school year.
- Be a citizen or legal resident of the United States.
- Commit to participate for one year in monthly meetings. Most will be via phone, but there may be the opportunity for at least one face-to-face meeting (travel scholarships provided).
- Have an email address that you can access and utilize on a regular basis.
- Be a role model and a positive influence on teens.
- Serve when needed as a teen media representative for MADD.
- Commit to be drug and alcohol free.
- Be willing and able to share your ideas, thoughts and passion with the Group.
INELIGIBLE: Sponsors of the Teen Influencer Group, their subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members are ineligible.
To apply, follow these steps:
- Applicants must submit two (2) recommendations to be considered and must use our recommendation form. Download it here.
- Fill out the application fields below and upload the 2 completed recommendation forms. (If you have trouble uploading the forms, email them to Kim Morris).
- Read the full Terms and Conditions.
The application deadline has passed.