Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) always welcomes the opportunity to develop new corporate relationships that will further our mission to stop drunk and drugged driving, serve victims/survivors of this violent crime and prevent underage drinking. Below, you’ll find our standards for consideration in a partner relationship and help you determine if a partnership with MADD will meet your business objectives. Please review the following carefully before completing and submitting the Corporate Proposal Form.
Criteria for Businesses Seeking a Partnership with MADD
- MADD seeks partners who have a strong brand image.
- MADD corporate partners should tie into a specific MADD messaging program, initiative or campaign
- Business or product must have operated/been available to the public for a minimum of one (1) year.
- To ensure that all cause-related marketing promotions benefiting MADD are consistent with best practices, MADD recommends a minimum financial commitment of $25,000.
- For cause-related marketing promotions, MADD expects a minimum donation of 10% of the product’s retail price and a minimum contribution.
- Our cause-related partners must agree to publish our logo and web site address with every cause-marketing initiative to better build a connection between partner’s consumer base and MADD.
MADD follows the Better Business Bureau Standards for Charity Accountability, and expects any possible sponsor to also operate under guidelines of full disclosure to consumer. These guidelines require clear disclosure to the consumer (e.g. $1 from the sale of each item) on all packaging, advertising and promotional materials in clear and unambiguous terms. Your company/organization must be able to comply with this requirement.
If your company meets these initial criteria and you’d like to explore a mutually beneficial relationship with MADD, please complete and submit the Corporate Partner Proposal Form.
Although MADD is the beneficiary of proceeds through its partnerships, we have no ability to sell or distribute products for our partners. However, MADD may publically acknowledge its corporate partners and corresponding relationship. Because of our non-profit status, we cannot advertise for our partners or promote our partners’ products or services (directly or indirectly) or give the perception of marketing or endorsing a product on behalf of a partner.
- MADD is unable to consider proposed partnerships or donations of any kind from the Alcohol or operate in the Ignition Interlock industries or companies affiliated with the Alcohol or Ignition Interlock industries as defined under MADD policy.
- MADD or its Affiliates does not support the use of personal alcohol testing devices (including phone apps) that assist a driver in making decisions about his/her ability to safely operate a motor vehicle after consuming alcohol
- MADD does not partner with any safe share riding program or taxi services because for liability reasons set forth by the “licensed driver”
- MADD does not support campaign/programs where the messages that target youth not to drive drunk because ‘21” is the legal drinking age. Instead, messages should convey clear “no use”.
Logo & Licensing Marks Usage Guidelines
MADD owns the registration for the Mothers Against Drunk Driving name, logo, and The Power of Parents, the Campaign To Eliminate Drunk Driving and Walk like MADD names, programs and licensed marks, as well as pending marks. Written permission is required for use of any of these licensed marks. A party that desires to use these licensed marks must execute a written contract with MADD that outlines how the licensed marks will be used; otherwise, use of the licensed marks and pending marks is not permitted.
National vs. Local Programs
MADD sometimes finds that submitted proposals are better suited for a local program rather than a national program. MADD has more than 300 affiliate offices across the U.S. If your proposal may be more appropriate as a local initiative, please contact your local MADD regional office at: madd.org/local-offices