Location: Greater Santa Fe/Rio Arriba, New Mexico
This is a remote, work from home position. Must have reliable transportation and ability to travel 50%-75% of the time. Should live in or near the target county of Santa Fe, New Mexico.
MADD New Mexico is looking for an organized, highly motivated candidate for the Court Monitoring Program. The ideal candidate will be able to possess basic courtroom knowledge of processes and procedure, will possess strong communication (both verbal and writing) skills, and possesses demonstrable data and case management abilities. Professionalism and experience handling confidential, sensitive materials are a must. The Court Monitoring Program boasts of offering a flexible schedule while being part of a reputable organization dedicated to saving lives and to being of service to the community.
Responsible for the accurate collection and data entry of misdemeanor court case data. Responsible for recruiting & training volunteer court monitors.
Foster a culture of philanthropy within MADD. Be a leader for other staff and volunteers to institutionalize philanthropy within the organization.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Collect, compile & report accurate and complete data on a timely basis according to program and or grant requirements.
- Build relationships with court personnel including but not limited to bailiffs, clerks, Assistant State’s Attorneys.
- Maintain regular oral and/or written communication with Supervisor as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent with 2-4 years professional business experience required. Legal background preferred.
- Solid understanding of court system, courtroom procedures and familiarity with traffic safety and DUI laws.
- Proficient networking ability.
- Must be able to travel and maintain a flexible schedule.
- Strong organizational skills, be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and execute in a high-volume environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and convey thoughts clearly, logically and concisely both orally and in writing, using appropriate grammar and command of the English language.
- Ability to work both independently and with others to resolve issues and maintain composure and professionalism in an environment of changing and/or multiple priorities.
- Must be able to work on a time table, meet deadlines, follow instructions and accept direction on given assignments.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to maintain a high activity level.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations and maintain a professional demeanor during times of stress.
- Must have exceptional internal and external customer service orientation
- Must have demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and be familiar with entering data into on-line systems. Should also have basic record keeping and math skills.
- Must have working knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain social, ethical and organizational standards in job related activities, at work and in the community.
- Ability to maintain workplace confidentiality and take ownership/accountability for own actions and aspects of the job.
- Demonstrated commitment, passion and compassion for the mission of MADD.
This field position is normally funded by a grant for a specific period of time. In the event the grant is discontinued, the position may be eliminated.
Typical Physical and Mental Demands –
This position requires working in an office setting and is generally considered sedentary, although this position may require long hours, handling conflicts and making decisions under pressure. This position may require sitting, standing, lifting (maximum 25 pounds) for at least 8 hours and a normal range of hearing and vision. The noise level is from quiet to moderate. This position requires the ability to operate a computer and other office machines such as fax, calculator and telephone. This position must be able to maintain confidentiality. This position may require a valid State Driver’s License and proof of insurance because the individual may be required to drive to alternate locations away from the office. Critical thinking, active learning, listening, writing, speaking, negotiating, persuasion, judgment and the ability to work under pressure may be mandatory for this position.
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Retirement 403(b) + 3% matching after 1 year
- Minimum 3 weeks Vacation
- 12 Paid Holidays per calendar year
- Up to 3 Floating Holidays per calendar year
- Paid Sick Time
- Modified Educational Assistance
- Parental Leave
- Basic Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance covered by Employer
- FSA, HRA
- Employee Assistance Program
Madd is providing PPE equipment to all employees, safety training, and allowing remote/work from home.
How to Apply
Please provide resume to Nina Sharma at Nina.Sharma@madd.org