Location: Edwardsville, Illinois
This is a part-time, fully remote, work from home position. Remote means that while there is not a local office to report to, local travel and in-person services will be required of the role. The preferred candidate should live in or near one of the target counties: Madison or St. Clair, IL. Must have reliable transportation and ability to travel locally within the state roughly 25% of the time. Mileage and travel costs will be reimbursed. Previous experience either working or volunteering in the non-profit sector is beneficial but not required.
Responsible for the accurate collection and data entry of felony and misdemeanor court case data. Responsible for recruiting & training volunteer court monitors.
Foster a culture of philanthropy within MADD. Be a leader for other staff and volunteers to institutionalize philanthropy within the organization.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Recruit, train, support and maintain a solid volunteer base for proper data collection.
- Collect, compile & report accurate and complete data on a timely basis according to program and or grant requirements.
- Build relationships with court personnel including but not limited to bailiffs, clerks, Assistant State’s Attorneys.
- Maintain regular oral and/or written communication with Supervisor as required.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent with 2-4 years professional business experience required. Legal background preferred.
- Legal or Criminal Justice experience. This can include education, work experience or a combination of the two.
- Solid understanding of court system, courtroom procedures and familiarity with traffic safety and DUI laws.
- Proficient networking ability.
- Must be able to travel and maintain a flexible schedule.
- Strong organizational skills, be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and execute in a high-volume environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and convey thoughts clearly, logically and concisely both orally and in writing, using appropriate grammar and command of the English language.
- Ability to work both independently and with others to resolve issues and maintain composure and professionalism in an environment of changing and/or multiple priorities.
- Must be able to work on a time table, meet deadlines, follow instructions and accept direction on given assignments.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to maintain a high activity level.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations and maintain a professional demeanor during times of stress.
- Must have exceptional internal and external customer service orientation.
- Must have demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and be familiar with entering data into on-line systems. Should also have basic record keeping and math skills.
- Must have working knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain social, ethical and organizational standards in job related activities, at work and in the community.
- Ability to maintain workplace confidentiality and take ownership/accountability for own actions and aspects of the job.
- Demonstrated commitment, passion and compassion for the mission of MADD.
Typical Physical and Mental Demands
This position requires working in an office setting and is generally considered sedentary, although this position may require long hours, handling conflicts and making decisions under pressure. This position may require you to: be in a stationary position for extended periods; move or traverse in a space for short periods; occasionally transport items with a maximum weight of 25 pounds (such as boxes); communicate with other individuals; and perceive and exchange information. The noise level is from quiet to moderate. This position requires the ability to operate a computer and other office machines such as fax, calculator and telephone. This position must be able to maintain confidentiality. This position may require a valid State Driver’s License and proof of insurance because the individual may be required to drive to alternate locations away from the office. Critical thinking, active learning, listening, writing, speaking, negotiating, persuasion, judgment and the ability to work under pressure may be mandatory for this position
This field position is normally funded by a grant for a specific period of time. In the event the grant is discontinued, the position may be eliminated.
Pay: $17-$18/hour at 29 hours/week
Travel: 25% Local travel. Mileage and travel costs will be reimbursed.
- Flexible Schedule
- 12 Holidays per calendar year
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement 403(b) + 3% employer matching
- Eligible to accrue vacation and sick time on a prorated basis.
MADD is providing PPE equipment to all employees and safety training.
How to Apply
Please provide resume to Bonnie Jones at Bonnie.Jones@madd.org