Location: Denver, Colorado
This is a remote, work from home position. However, the preferred candidate needs to live in the geographical area of the job posting location in Denver, Colorado.
MADD Colorado works to save lives on our roads and provide crucial support to victims and survivors of drunk and drugged driving crashes. We’ve made great progress since our founding in 1983—cutting drunk driving deaths in our state by half—yet we know our work is not done. Would you like to join us in the fight to save lives?
Our team of ten seeks an experienced fundraiser, network builder, and volunteer leader with passion, leadership, and expertise to generate funds and resources to make this important work happen. The Development Director will primarily focus on peer-to-peer fundraising, corporate sponsorships, donor cultivation, and events in Colorado with the opportunity to expand revenue growth in our region including Nebraska, Utah, and Wyoming.
Responsible, at the local level, for the development, oversight, execution and monitoring of a diversified comprehensive fund development and public awareness plan, aligned with MADD’s strategic plan. Ensures effective and aggressive growth in fund development through core strategies which are committed to fulfilling MADD’s mission, including but not limited to: corporate, foundation and major gifts solicitation, individual giving, 3rd party events, honor/memorial giving and fund raising programs for the entire Region (Multiple States).
Foster a culture of philanthropy within MADD. Be a leader for other staff and volunteers to institutionalize philanthropy within the organization.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Plan and produce core fundraisers aligned with MADD’s strategic plan, including marketing, managing and executing logistics for all fundraising activities for multiple locations across the entire Region (Multiple States).
- Research, develop and cultivate a dynamic prospect list including revenue projections and secured sponsorships for multiple locations across the entire Region (Multiple States).
- Proactively and consistently communicate to the National Office on the progress of core fundraisers.
- Develop, implement and manage fundraising strategies according to the annual development plan and strategy budgets, goals and objectives for the entire Region (Multiple States).
- Implement activities to integrate MADD programs/services with participants of MADD’s core fundraisers for the entire Region (Multiple States).
- Actively network through community organizations as appropriate to support fund development for the entire Region (Multiple States).
- Manage contract and agreement procedures to ensure successful fundraising implementation for the entire Region (Multiple States).
- Responsible for fulfillment of all local and national sponsorship benefits, according to the sponsorship agreement for the entire Region (Multiple States).
- Develop and implement a fundraising volunteer recruitment plan to assure adequate volunteer resources for all fundraising activities for the entire Region (Multiple States).
- Research public and private foundations to identify unrestricted sources of revenue for the entire Region (Multiple States).
- Other duties as required.
- College degree required or seven years relevant experience.
- 5-7 years of successful marketing, fundraising or sales experience preferably in a nonprofit organization.
- Ability to demonstrate a successful fundraising or sales track record.
- Strong organizational skills, be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and execute in a high-volume environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and convey thoughts clearly, logically and concisely both orally and in writing, using appropriate grammar and command of the English language.
- Ability to work both independently and with others to resolve issues and maintain composure and professionalism in an environment of changing and/or multiple priorities.
- Must be able to work on a timetable, meet deadlines, follow instructions and accept direction on given assignments.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to maintain a high activity level.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations and maintain a professional demeanor during times of stress.
- Must have exceptional internal and external customer service orientation.
- Must have demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and be familiar with entering data into on-line systems. Should also have basic record keeping and math skills.
- Must have working knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain social, ethical and organizational standards in job related activities, at work and in the community.
- Ability to maintain workplace confidentiality and take ownership/accountability for own actions and aspects of the job.
- Demonstrated commitment, passion and compassion for the mission of MADD.
Typical Physical and Mental Demands
This position requires working in an office setting and is generally considered sedentary, although this position may require long hours, handling conflicts and making decisions under pressure. This position may require sitting, standing, lifting (maximum 25 pounds) for at least 8 hours and a normal range of hearing and vision. The noise level is from quiet to moderate. This position requires the ability to operate a computer and other office machines such as fax, calculator and telephone. This position must be able to maintain confidentiality. This position may require a valid State Driver’s License and proof of insurance because the individual may be required to drive to alternate locations away from the office. Critical thinking, active learning, listening, writing, speaking, negotiating, persuasion, judgment and the ability to work under pressure may be mandatory for this position.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions – The physical demands, work environment factors and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Retirement 403(b) + 3% matching after 1 year
- Minimum 3 weeks Vacation
- 12 Paid Holidays per calendar year
- Up to 3 Floating Holidays per calendar year
- Paid Sick Time
- Modified Educational Assistance
- Parental Leave
- Basic Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance covered by Employer
- FSA, HRA
- Employee Assistance Program
Madd is providing PPE equipment to all employees, safety training, and allowing remote/work from home.
How to Apply
Interested? Please send a cover letter and resume to Fran Lanzer at email@example.com. Thank you!