Location: Austin or San Antonio, Texas
Responsible, at the local level, for the development, oversight, execution and monitoring of a diversified comprehensive fund development and public awareness plan, aligned with MADD’s strategic plan. Candidate may reside in the Central region of Texas (Austin or San Antonio).
The Development Officer is responsible, at the local level, for the development, oversight, execution and monitoring of a diversified comprehensive fund development and public awareness plan, aligned with MADD’s strategic plan. Ensures effective and aggressive growth in fund development through core strategies which are committed to fulfilling MADD’s mission, including but not limited to: corporate and foundation solicitation, individual giving, 3rd party events, honor/memorial giving and fund raising programs.
Foster a culture of philanthropy within MADD. Be a leader for other staff and volunteers to institutionalize philanthropy within the organization.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Plan and produce core fundraisers aligned with MADD’s strategic plan, including marketing, managing and executing logistics for all fundraising activities.
- Research, develop and cultivate a dynamic prospect list including revenue projections and secured sponsorships.
- Proactively and consistently communicate to the National Office on the progress of core fundraisers.
- Develop, implement and manage fundraising strategies according to the annual development plan and strategy budgets, goals and objectives.
- Implement activities to integrate MADD programs/services with participants of MADD’s core fundraisers.
- Actively network through community organizations as appropriate to support fund development.
- Manage contract and agreement procedures to ensure successful fundraising implementation.
- Responsible for fulfillment of all local and national sponsorship benefits, according to the sponsorship agreement.
- Develop and implement a fundraising volunteer recruitment plan to assure adequate volunteer resources for all fundraising activities.
- Research public and private foundations to identify unrestricted sources of revenue.
- Other duties as required.
- College degree required or four years relevant experience
- 2-4 years of successful marketing, fundraising or sales experience preferably in a nonprofit organization.
- Ability to demonstrate a successful fundraising or sales track record.
- Strong organizational skills, be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and execute in a high-volume environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and convey thoughts clearly, logically and concisely both orally and in writing, using appropriate grammar and command of the English language.
- Ability to work both independently and with others to resolve issues and maintain composure and professionalism in an environment of changing and/or multiple priorities.
- Must be able to work on a time table, meet deadlines, follow instructions and accept direction on given assignments.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to maintain a high activity level.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations and maintain a professional demeanor during times of stress.
- Must have exceptional internal and external customer service orientation.
- Must have demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and be familiar with entering data into on-line systems. Should also have basic record keeping and math skills.
- Must have working knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain social, ethical and organizational standards in job related activities, at work and in the community.
- Ability to maintain workplace confidentiality and take ownership/accountability for own actions and aspects of the job.
- Demonstrated commitment, passion and compassion for the mission of MADD.
Typical Physical and Mental Demands
The physical demands, work environment factors and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires working in an office setting and is generally considered sedentary. This position may require sitting, standing, lifting (maximum 40 pounds) for at least 8 hours and a normal range of hearing and vision. The noise level is from quiet to moderate. This position requires the ability to operate a computer and other office machines such as fax, calculator and telephone. This position must be able to maintain confidentiality. This position may require a valid State Driver’s License and proof of insurance because the individual may be required to drive to alternate locations away from the office. Critical thinking, active learning, listening, writing, speaking, negotiating, persuasion, judgment and the ability to work under pressure may be mandatory for this position.
Travel: Local travel Mileage and travel costs will be reimbursed.
- Eligible within first 30 days
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Retirement 403(b) + 3% employer matching
- Minimum 3 weeks Vacation
- 12 Paid Holidays per calendar year
- Up to 3 Floating Holidays per calendar year
- Paid Sick Time
- Modified Educational Assistance
- Parental Leave
- Basic Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance covered by Employer
- FSA, HRA
- Employee Assistance Program
- Hybrid work from home available pending location and eligibility.
MADD is providing PPE equipment to all employees and safety training. This role will reports in-person at MADD’s local office in either San Antonio or Austin, TX.
How to Apply
Please provide resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Heather Smith at Heather.Smith@madd.org