Location: Irving, Texas
MADD Executive and Office Services teams are seeking a detail-oriented, proactive, problem-solver to assist the CEO and other leaders, as well as manage and oversee day-to-day operations of Office Services at National Headquarters in Irving, Texas. An ideal candidate will have previous experience assisting leadership at the C-Suite level, but is equally comfortable communicating with all levels of employees. The ability to work autonomously, prioritize, and use sound judgement to ensure smooth operations and efficiencies for both the CEO and Office Services team is a must. Great customer service skills and tact with a positive attitude are required.
Support the CEO’s office through coordination of correspondence, phones, meeting, travel and other administrative responsibilities. Provide management of Office Services staff and coverage for the National Office Receptionist desk when needed.
Foster a culture of philanthropy within MADD. Be a leader for other staff and volunteers to institutionalize philanthropy within the organization.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Support CEO with correspondence, reports, phone messaging and calendar maintenance. Keep CEO informed of upcoming meetings and commitments, by taking initiative to identify and prioritize needs. Maintain internal control processes pertaining to Executive Office. Support other leadership team members when necessary.
- Schedule CEO travel arrangements, prepare and process related expense reports, and other administrative or logistical needs as requested.
- In partnership with General Counsel, support National Board members by coordinating travel arrangements (to include booking air, hotel and car reservations), processing expense reports and additional administrative needs as requested. Prepare materials and all logistics for quarterly National Board meetings.
- Serve as the main point of contact for CEO with internal staff and key constituents.
- Must uphold a strict level of confidentiality
- Develop and sustain a level of professionalism among staff and clientele
- Oversee Office Services department, vendors, and staff. Manage department budget. Recruit, train, develop, manage and provide leadership to Office Services staff, as appropriate.
- As appropriate, provide scheduled daily coverage for the National Office Receptionist desk to include responding to and routing incoming phone calls, package and delivery intake, and greeting/directing visitors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three to five years of experience in general corporate services supervision and support of senior executives.
- Strong organizational skills, be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and execute in a high-volume environment. Project management experience a plus.
- At least 1 year of prior staff management experience or demonstrated leadership abilities is required.
- Proactive and takes initiative in proposing efficiency resolutions to CEO.
- Ability to use independent judgement and problem solve effectively.
- Excellent internal and external communication skills with the ability to develop and convey thoughts clearly, logically and concisely both orally and in writing, using appropriate grammar and command of the English language. Will work will all levels of organizations to meet goals and maintain a high level of customer service.
- Ability to work both independently and with others to resolve issues and completion of projects (conception to completion) while maintaining composure and professionalism in an environment of changing and/or multiple priorities.
- Must be able to work on a time table, meet deadlines, follow instructions and accept direction on given assignments in a high activity role.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Must have demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Must be able to learn new software programs and be familiar with entering data into on-line systems. Should also have basic record keeping and math skills.
- Experience with expense reporting and making travel arrangements. Concur experience a plus.
- Ability to maintain social, ethical, organizational and confidential standards in job related activities, at work and in the community. Take ownership/accountability for own actions and aspects of job.
- Demonstrated commitment, passion and compassion for the mission of MADD.
Typical Physical and Mental Demands
This position requires working in an office setting and is generally considered sedentary, although this position may require long hours, handling conflicts and making decisions under pressure. This position may require you to: be in a stationary position for extended periods; move or traverse in a space for short periods; occasionally transport items with a maximum weight of 25 pounds (such as boxes); communicate with other individuals; and perceive and exchange information. The noise level is from quiet to moderate. This position requires the ability to operate a computer and other office machines such as fax, calculator and telephone. This position must be able to maintain confidentiality. This position may require a valid State Driver’s License and proof of insurance because the individual may be required to drive to alternate locations away from the office. Critical thinking, active learning, listening, writing, speaking, negotiating, persuasion, judgment and the ability to work under pressure may be mandatory for this position.
- Eligible within first 30 days
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Retirement 403(b) + 3% employer matching
- Minimum 3 weeks Vacation
- 12 Paid Holidays per calendar year
- Up to 3 Floating Holidays per calendar year
- Paid Sick Time
- Modified Educational Assistance
- Parental Leave
- Basic Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance covered by Employer
- FSA, HRA
- Employee Assistance Program
- Hybrid work schedule available, pending eligibility.
MADD is providing PPE equipment to all employees and safety training. This role reports in-person at MADD’s National headquarters in Irving, TX. WFH Split: 3 days in-office; max 2 WFH (excluding Monday and Friday).
How to Apply
Please provide resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Jennifer Ackerson at Jennifer.Ackerson@madd.org