Location: Irving, Texas
Full time position with excellent vacation/benefits. Looking for a team member with case management experience providing services to victims of crime. Some on call work required. Bilingual preferred.
Oversee and manage the Victim Services Help Line to include recruiting, training, developing and managing volunteers. Ensure the highest level of customer service for Help Line callers through tracking of key performance indicators and best practices. Grow the usage of the Help Line on a national level. Provide assistance, guidance and essential tools to staff and volunteer advocates to support MADD’s victim services.
Foster a culture of philanthropy within MADD. Be a leader for other staff and volunteers to institutionalize philanthropy within the organization.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Recruit, manage and provide supervision, technical assistance, mentoring and training to volunteers for MADD’s Victim Services Help Line, on issues that arise from working with victims of drunk/drugged driving. Review victim services volunteers’ performance, hold them accountable and take appropriate steps to facilitate corrections and changes when needed and provide encouragement and recognition of good work.
- Oversee the operation of the Help Line to include:
- Ensure volunteers are giving the highest level of customer service to Help Line callers. Conduct periodic audits to determine if service is at optimum level.
- Revise and maintain Help Line protocol and activities with 3rd party answering service to ensure the highest level of service to callers.
- Collect and analyze data for review by management and determine future initiatives.
- Provide direct victim services to field locations without Victim Services staff via case management when necessary. Respond to and collaborate with community partners concerning the provision of services to victims of drunk/drugged driving.
- Develop and implement strategies to create awareness and additional usage of MADD’s Victim Services Help Line on a national level.
- Maintain records and report data on all Help Line volunteers, their activities and contributions. Ensure Help Line referrals to field staff and volunteers are received and continuation of service provided.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is required in a human services field of study (i.e., social work, psychology, sociology, criminal justice) with a minimum of three years of experience in victim advocacy (specifically case management) and/or grief support work (specifically bereaved individuals due to death), or
- Equivalent experience that includes a minimum of seven years of experience in victim advocacy (specifically case management) and/or grief support work (specifically bereaved individuals due to death).
- Prior volunteer management and/or leadership is required.
- Strong organizational skills, be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and execute in a high-volume environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and convey thoughts clearly, logically and concisely both orally and in writing, using appropriate grammar and command of the English language.
- Ability to work both independently and with others to resolve issues and maintain composure and professionalism in an environment of changing and/or multiple priorities.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to maintain a high activity level. Must have exceptional internal and external customer service orientation.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations and maintain a professional demeanor during times of stress.
- Must have demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and be familiar with entering data into on-line systems. Should also have basic record keeping and math skills.
- Ability to maintain workplace confidentiality and take ownership/accountability for own actions and aspects of the job.
- Demonstrated commitment, passion and compassion for the mission of MADD.
Typical Physical and Mental Demands
This position requires working in an office setting and is generally considered sedentary, although this position may require handling conflicts. This position may require sitting, standing, lifting (maximum 25 pounds) for at least 8 hours and a normal range of hearing and vision. The noise level is from quiet to moderate. This position requires the ability to operate a computer and other office machines such as fax, calculator, and telephone. This position must be able to maintain confidentiality. This position may require a valid State Driver’s License and proof of insurance because the individual may be required to drive to alternate locations away from the office. Critical thinking, active learning, listening, writing, speaking, persuasion, and judgment may be mandatory for this position.
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Retirement 403(b) + 3% matching after 1 year
- Minimum 3 weeks Vacation
- 12 Paid Holidays per calendar year
- Up to 3 Floating Holidays per calendar year
- Paid Sick Time
- Modified Educational Assistance
- Parental Leave
- Basic Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance covered by Employer
- FSA, HRA
- Employee Assistance Program
MADD is providing PPE equipment to all employees, safety training, and allowing temporary remote/work from home on a case-by-case basis.
How to Apply
Please provide resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Heather Estudillo at email@example.com