Location: Irving, Texas
The National Office of Mothers Against Drunk Driving is looking for an energetic, motivated, highly organized candidate to support the mission and services teams across the organization through the coordination of various administrative duties and project support.
Support the Victim Service and Programs Departments in the execution of various administrative duties and projects. Responsible for the accuracy, timeliness and completion of all administrative assignments.
Foster a culture of philanthropy within MADD. Be a leader for other staff and volunteers to institutionalize philanthropy within the organization.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinate and fulfill departmental online and telephone requests from the general public for information and mailings.
- Schedule and organize complex activities such as meetings, special event planning, conferences, recordkeeping, contract processes, and departmental activities/projects.
- Collect and maintain data and grant financial information relevant to the business or departmental activities.
- Handle confidential and non-routine information. Type and design general correspondence, memos, charts, presentations, agendas, and meeting notes. Proofread copy for spelling, grammar, and layout. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Maintain logs, project status reports, and information tracking. Issue regular updates of activity to the department head.
- Maintain relevant internet/intranet information for the department in an accurate and timely manner.
- Review bills and invoices and prepare requests for checks subject to management approval.
- Coordinate a variety of meetings, events, and national trainings (virtual and in-person) including event logistics, travel, and speakers.
- Serve as the primary liaison between Programs, Victim Services, and the Field Operations Departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of previous work experience in an administrative capacity with project support experience. Previous non-profit work experience is a plus.
- Able to work a flexible schedule when needed.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize, ability to manage multiple projects and execute in a high-volume environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and convey thoughts clearly, logically and concisely both orally and in writing, using appropriate grammar and command of the English language.
- Ability to work both independently and with others to resolve issues and maintain composure and professionalism in an environment of changing and/or multiple priorities.
- Must be able to work on a timetable, meet deadlines, follow instructions and accept direction on given assignments.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to maintain a high activity level. Ability to tolerate stressful situations and maintain a professional demeanor during times of stress.
- Must have exceptional internal and external customer service orientation.
- Must have demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook, have basic record keeping and administrative procedures and be familiar with entering data into on-line systems. Previous experience with project management software and CRM database management a plus.
- Ability to maintain social, ethical and organizational standards in job related activities, at work and in the community.
- Ability to maintain workplace confidentiality and take ownership/accountability for own actions and aspects of the job.
- Demonstrated commitment, passion and compassion for the mission of MADD.
Typical Physical and Mental Demands –
This position requires working in an office setting and is generally considered sedentary, although this position may require long hours, handling conflicts and making decisions under pressure. This position may require sitting, standing, lifting (maximum 25 pounds) for at least 8 hours and a normal range of hearing and vision. The noise level is from quiet to moderate. This position requires the ability to operate a computer and other office machines such as fax, calculator and telephone. This position must be able to maintain confidentiality. This position may require a valid State Driver’s License and proof of insurance because the individual may be required to drive to alternate locations away from the office. Critical thinking, active learning, listening, writing, speaking, negotiating, persuasion, judgment and the ability to work under pressure may be mandatory for this position.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions – The physical demands, work environment factors and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pay: $16.00 – $17.00 per hour/40 hours per week
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Retirement 403(b) + 3% matching after 1 year
- Minimum 3 weeks Vacation
- 12 Paid Holidays per calendar year
- Up to 3 Floating Holidays per calendar year
- Paid Sick Time
- Modified Educational Assistance
- Parental Leave
- Basic Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance covered by Employer
- FSA, HRA
- Employee Assistance Program
MADD is providing PPE equipment to all employees and safety training. This role will be expected to report in-person at our National Headquarters.
How to Apply
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter including salary requirements to CC.Resumes@madd.org. No phone calls, please.