Location: Irving, Texas
Full time position with excellent vacation and benefits. Looking for a team member with case management experience providing services to victims of crime. Some on call work required. Spanish speaking bilingual preferred, but not required.
Coordinate and provide direct victim services on behalf of the national office. Responsible for assessing and addressing immediate needs of victims of drunk or drugged driving crashes who may be in need of short-term crisis intervention, emotional support, advocacy, and community referrals. Provides direction and guidance to Victim Services personnel through consultation, training, and support where needed. Work within the Victim Services Team and other National departments to ensure victims’ voice is heard.
Foster a culture of philanthropy within MADD. Be a leader for other staff and volunteers to institutionalize philanthropy within the organization.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Utilizing independent judgment, conduct individual needs assessments on victims/survivors who contact the MADD national office via the MADD Victim Help Line (1.877.MADD.HELP), e-mail, letter, live chat, or other format.
- Based upon individual needs assessments, provide effective and timely assistance to victims and survivors of drunk and drugged driving crashes as well as concerned citizens by offering emotional support, information, and referrals. Connect them to local MADD offices for continuum of care. Where local MADD victim advocacy is either not available or not appropriate, provide short-term case management.
- Become familiar with and maintain referral information for various community resources, victim laws and other resources available to help victims. Utilize a network of key individuals in the criminal justice, legal, medical, and social service systems to facilitate assistance for victims.
- Maintain accurate documentation for each victim case according to MADD and grant standards and guidelines.
- Help maintain and coordinate other National Programs including but not limited to Portraits for Healing, Facebook, Story Repository and ongoing training needs for the field.
- Function as a resource and/or mentor for Victim Services personnel within MADD to provide assessment, training, and consultation on an as-needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is required in a human services field of study (i.e. social work, psychology, sociology, criminal justice) with a minimum of 1 year of experience in victim advocacy (specifically case management) and/or grief support work (specifically bereaved individuals due to death) or,
- Equivalent experience that includes a minimum of 5 years of experience in victim advocacy (specifically case management) and/or grief support work (specifically bereaved individuals due to death).
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; ability to establish rapport with individuals in difficult situations; and high level of customer service initiative required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines and complete items on time. Independent judgment and the ability to work with little supervision are necessary.
- Ethical behavior and respect for confidentiality are a must in this position.
- Strong organizational skills, be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and execute in a high-volume environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and convey thoughts clearly, logically and concisely both orally and in writing, using appropriate grammar and command of the English language.
- Ability to work both independently and with others to resolve issues and maintain composure and professionalism in an environment of changing and/or multiple priorities.
- Must be able to work on a time table, meet deadlines, follow instructions and accept direction on given assignments.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to maintain a high activity level.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations and maintain a professional demeanor during times of stress.
- Must have exceptional internal and external customer service orientation.
- Must have demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and be familiar with entering data into on-line systems. Should also have basic record keeping and math skills.
- Must have working knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain social, ethical and organizational standards in job related activities, at work and in the community.
- Ability to maintain workplace confidentiality and take ownership/accountability for own actions and aspects of the job.
- Demonstrated commitment, passion and compassion for the mission of MADD.
Typical Physical and Mental Demands
This position requires working in an office setting and is generally considered sedentary, although this position may require long hours, handling conflicts and making decisions under pressure. This position may require sitting, standing, lifting/carrying (maximum 25 pounds) for at least 8 hours and a normal range of hearing and vision. The noise level is from quiet to moderate. This position requires the ability to operate a computer and other office machines such as fax, calculator and telephone. This position must be able to maintain confidentiality. This position may require a valid State Driver’s License and proof of insurance because the individual may be required to drive to alternate locations away from the office. Critical thinking, active learning, listening, writing, speaking, negotiating, persuasion, judgment and the ability to work under pressure may be mandatory for this position.
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Retirement 403(b) + 3% matching after 1 year
- Minimum 3 weeks Vacation
- 12 Paid Holidays per calendar year
- Up to 3 Floating Holidays per calendar year
- Paid Sick Time
- Modified Educational Assistance
- Parental Leave
- Basic Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance covered by Employer
- FSA, HRA
- Employee Assistance Program
Madd is providing PPE equipment to all employees, safety training, and allowing temporary remote/work from home on a case-by-case basis.
How to Apply
Please provide resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Heather Estudillo at firstname.lastname@example.org