Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
This is a part-time, remote/work from home position. However, the preferred candidate needs to live in the geographical area of the job posting location in Charlotte, NC. Ability to work from home is currently required for all staff members in North Carolina. Travel may be required at times to different parts of the state and mileage and travel costs will be reimbursed.
Responsible for coordinating and implementing education, recognition, and public awareness programs and events at the regional level.
Foster a culture of philanthropy within MADD.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinate and organize the scheduling and implementation of MADD’s core and supplemental programs and events designed to promote MADD’s mission and educate the public regarding drunk driving related issues.
- Support a network of community members, schools, law enforcement, volunteers and other members of the community to maintain & support MADD’s goals.
- Cultivate new members and participants in MADD’s programs.
- May schedule, coordinate and facilitate Victim Impact Panels.
- Recruit, train and direct volunteers, facilitators and speakers for various programs and events.
- Occasionally staff booths at special events, health, and safety fairs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two years’ experience in organizing and the administration of programs and events, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Some travel and flexible work hours necessary.
- Strong organizational skills, be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and execute in a high-volume environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and convey thoughts clearly, logically and concisely both orally and in writing, using appropriate grammar and command of the English language.
- Ability to work both independently and with others to resolve issues and maintain composure and professionalism in an environment of changing and/or multiple priorities.
- Must be able to work on a time table, meet deadlines, follow instructions and accept direction on given assignments.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to maintain a high activity level.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations and maintain a professional demeanor during times of stress.
- Must have exceptional internal and external customer service orientation.
- Must have demonstrated computer skills including PowerPoint and be familiar with entering data into on-line systems.
- Must have working knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain social, ethical and organizational standards in job related activities, at work and in the community.
- Ability to maintain workplace confidentiality and take ownership/accountability for own actions and aspects of the job.
- Demonstrated commitment, passion and compassion for the mission of MADD.
Typical Physical and Mental Demands –
This position requires working in an office setting and is generally considered sedentary, although this position may require long hours, handling conflicts and making decisions under pressure. This position may require sitting, standing, lifting (maximum 25 pounds) for at least 8 hours and a normal range of hearing and vision. The noise level is from quiet to moderate. This position requires the ability to operate a computer and other office machines such as fax, calculator and telephone. This position must be able to maintain confidentiality. This position may require a valid State Driver’s License and proof of insurance because the individual may be required to drive to alternate locations away from the office. Critical thinking, active learning, listening, writing, speaking, negotiating, persuasion, judgment and the ability to work under pressure may be mandatory for this position.
This field position may be funded by a grant for a specific period of time. In the event the grant is discontinued, the position may be eliminated.
Pay: $19.23/hour at 20 hours/week
Travel: 25% Mileage and travel costs will be reimbursed.
- Flexible Schedule
- 12 Holidays per calendar year
- Paid Sick Time
- Vacation Accrual (prorated basis)
- 403(b) Contribution + 3% matching after 1 year or 1000hrs worked
- Employee Assistance Program
MADD is providing PPE equipment to all employees, safety training.
How to Apply
Please provide resume to Jennifer Lichtneger at NC.State@madd.org