Location: Orlando, Florida
This is a remote, work from home position. However, the preferred candidate needs to live in the geographical area of the job posting location in Metro Orlando, Florida.
Organize, direct and ensure implementation of all aspects and technical portions of victim services programs, core and supplemental underage drinking and drunk driving prevention programs for targeted populations at the State and/or Local level. Responsible for the development, implementation and oversight of fundraising initiatives and volunteer capacity building. Serve as a community liaison for MADD mission related activities. Manage, develop and provide leadership to staff and volunteers.
Foster a culture of philanthropy within MADD. Assure that the organization’s corporate culture, systems and procedures support the goals and objectives of MADD. Lead staff and volunteers to institutionalize philanthropy within the organization.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the direction, organization and overall implementation of victim services and drunk driving and underage drinking prevention core and supplemental programs. Ensure that program goals and objectives as designated by MADD management and/or the grantor are achieved by providing training, guidance, support and motivation to staff and volunteers. Make sure that grant proposals follow MADD’s program directives.
- Responsible for the oversight of all program and/or grant administration including relationship building with community partners and grantors, regular financial reporting, and adherence to all program and/or grant policies and guidelines.
- Identify, develop, implement and manage fundraising events, individual and corporate gifts, foundations and grants. Manage staff and volunteers to achieve fundraising goals and objectives. Meet and/or exceed established personal goals.
- Create and implement community outreach plans to build awareness of events. Identify, solicit and cultivate individual donors and businesses/corporations to secure monetary and in-kind sponsorships and donations as appropriate to the event. Ensure the fulfillment of all sponsorship benefits.
- Responsible for all creative and logistical aspects of the event to ensure efficiencies and deadlines. Promote and publicize the event to the media and community. Ensure delivery and distribution of all promotional materials supporting the event. Develop, maintain and manage vendor relationships.
- Ensure that MADD is in compliance with all regulatory requirements for conducting the event, including proper logo and branding, and timely filing or submission of permits/applications/fees.
- Conduct needs assessments to determine volunteer capacity building requirements needed to support financial goals & objectives and program development & implementation. Re-evaluate needs assessment and goals in conjunction with MADD’s strategic plan on a consistent basis.
- Establish and implement a volunteer recruitment plan in accordance with and as outlined in MADD’s Volunteer Management Program to include development and implementation. Develop volunteer roles and assignments to meet assessed needs. Ensure volunteer training on core and supplemental programs is fulfilled.
- Develop strategic plans to grow the volunteer resource base, based on state/regional capacity building goals. Strategically and proactively identify, cultivate and steward existing local volunteers to develop a State Advisory Board as outlined in MADD’s Volunteer Management Program.
- Recruit, train, develop, retain and provide leadership to employees and volunteers. Ensure that all programs, services and grants are being implemented and managed efficiently, effectively and professionally through establishment of goals & objectives and that employees receive, understand and are held accountable in meeting goals & objectives. Foster an atmosphere which encourages professional achievement.
- Develop, prepare and maintain a balanced budget. Consistently analyze monthly financials to detect expense and revenue trends. Make adjustments accordingly. Ensure financial reporting is submitted timely and accurately.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Three to five years of progressively more responsible management experience developing, implementing and providing oversight of multiple programs and services in the non-profit sector. At least 3 years prior staff management experience is required.
- Ability to travel, work a flexible schedule and respond to emergency situations.
- Strong organizational skills, be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and execute in a high-volume environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and convey thoughts clearly, logically and concisely both orally and in writing, using appropriate grammar and command of the English language.
- Ability to work both independently and with others to resolve issues and maintain composure and professionalism in an environment of changing and/or multiple priorities.
- Must be able to work on a time table, meet deadlines, follow instructions and accept direction on given assignments.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to maintain a high activity level.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations and maintain a professional demeanor during times of stress.
- Must have exceptional internal and external customer service orientation.
- Must have demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and be familiar with entering data into on-line systems. Should also have basic record keeping and math skills.
- Must have working knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain social, ethical and organizational standards in job related activities, at work and in the community.
- Ability to maintain workplace confidentiality and take ownership/accountability for own actions and aspects of the job.
- Demonstrated commitment, passion and compassion for the mission of MADD.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, vision and management to the respective area of supervision. Must be able to develop long and short term strategies to achieve the vision and communicate appropriately to inspire support and action.
Typical Physical and Mental Demands –
This position requires working in an office setting and is generally considered sedentary, although this position may require long hours, handling conflicts and making decisions under pressure. This position may require you to: be in a stationary position for extended periods; move or traverse in a space for short periods; occasionally transport items with a maximum weight of 25 pounds (such as boxes); communicate with other individuals; and perceive and exchange information. The noise level is from quiet to moderate. This position requires the ability to operate a computer and other office machines such as fax, calculator and telephone. This position must be able to maintain confidentiality. This position may require a valid State Drivers License and proof of insurance because the individual may be required to drive to alternate locations away from the office. Critical thinking, active learning, listening, writing, speaking, negotiating, persuasion, judgment and the ability to work under pressure may be mandatory for this position.
Salary Starting at $57,500+ based on experience.
Travel: 25% Mileage and travel costs will be reimbursed.
- Eligible within first 30 days
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Retirement 403(b) + 3% matching after 1 year
- Minimum 3 weeks Vacation
- 12 Paid Holidays per calendar year
- Up to 3 Floating Holidays per calendar year
- Paid Sick Time
- Modified Educational Assistance
- Parental Leave
- Basic Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance covered by Employer
- FSA, HRA
- Employee Assistance Program
MADD is providing PPE equipment to all employees and safety training.
How to Apply
Please provide resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Dan Marquith at Dan.Marquith@madd.org