Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Organize and implement all aspects and technical portions of core and supplemental underage drinking and drunk driving prevention programs for targeted populations at the State and Local level. Responsible for all program administration including regular liaison and reporting, achievement of established performance objectives, development of programs to achieve objectives and adherence to all program and/or grant policies and guidelines. English/Spanish language proficiency is a plus.
Competitive salary with excellent benefits and generous PTO policy. Benefits eligible within first 30 days.
Foster a culture of philanthropy within MADD. Be a leader for other staff and volunteers to institutionalize philanthropy within the organization.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure that goals and objectives as designated by MADD management and/or the grantor are achieved by developing and designing events targeted to accomplish specific objectives and providing marketing and outreach of the program to community agencies. Ensure that grant proposals include MADD’s program directives.
- Manage the implementation and logistics of adult drunk driving prevention and underage drinking prevention programs through the design and facilitation of training programs at the State and Local level. Organize and host orientation meetings, evaluation meetings, facilitator training and facilitation of parent workshops and student presentations.
- Source and recruit volunteers, as needed, for applicable programs. Provide training, guidance, support and motivation to volunteers and staff by conducting training meetings, telephone coaching and on-site assistance.
- Maintain tracking and data collection of program and/or grant results, financial reports, and the progress for evaluation and improvement. Identify areas that are not fully utilizing the resources available and ensure assistance is provided in a timely manner.
- Participate in the implementation of National program evaluation measures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field such as Human Services or equivalent experience.
- Two to three years experience in work with the implementation of community awareness, education, partnership and youth programs specifically related to community health. Previous experience working with programs or grant administration helpful.
- Travel and flexible hours are required.
- Strong organizational skills, be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and execute in a high-volume environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and convey thoughts clearly, logically and concisely both orally and in writing, using appropriate grammar and command of the English language.
- Ability to work both independently and with others to resolve issues and maintain composure and professionalism in an environment of changing and/or multiple priorities.
- Must be able to work on a timetable, meet deadlines, follow instructions and accept direction on given assignments.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to maintain a high activity level.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations and maintain a professional demeanor during times of stress.
- Must have exceptional internal and external customer service orientation.
- Must have demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and be familiar with entering data into on-line systems. Should also have basic record keeping and math skills.
- Must have working knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain social, ethical and organizational standards in job related activities, at work and in the community.
- Ability to maintain workplace confidentiality and take ownership/accountability for own actions and aspects of the job.
- Demonstrated commitment, passion and compassion for the mission of MADD.
Typical Physical and Mental Demands
This position requires working in an office setting and is generally considered sedentary, although this position may require long hours, handling conflicts and making decisions under pressure. This position may require sitting, standing, lifting (maximum 25 pounds) for at least 8 hours and a normal range of hearing and vision. The noise level is from quiet to moderate. This position requires the ability to operate a computer and other office machines such as fax, calculator and telephone. This position must be able to maintain confidentiality. This position may require a valid State Driver’s License and proof of insurance because the individual may be required to drive to alternate locations away from the office. Critical thinking, active learning, listening, writing, speaking, negotiating, persuasion, judgment and the ability to work under pressure may be mandatory for this position.
This field position is normally funded by a grant for a specific period of time. In the event the grant is discontinued, the position may be eliminated.
Travel: 30% Mileage and travel costs will be reimbursed.
- Eligible within first 30 days
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Retirement 403(b) + 3% matching after 1 year
- Minimum 3 weeks Vacation
- 12 Paid Holidays per calendar year
- Up to 3 Floating Holidays per calendar year
- Paid Sick Time
- Modified Educational Assistance
- Parental Leave
- Basic Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance covered by Employer
- FSA, HRA
- Employee Assistance Program
- WFH Split: Four days in-person, One day work-from-home per week (90 day eligibility)
MADD is providing PPE equipment to all employees and safety training. This role reports in-person at MADD’s local office in Atlanta, GA. WFH Split: Four days in-person, One day work-from-home (after 90 day eligibility).
How to Apply
Please provide resume to Curtis Winston at Curtis.Winston@madd.org
No phone calls, please.