Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota
The Regional Executive Director will oversee the region of Minnesota, South Dakota and North Dakota and report directly in St. Paul, MN.
Responsible for the development, management and implementation of all initiatives necessary to deliver core MADD programs and services, provide appropriate funding to deliver the services and promote the mission of MADD throughout the assigned states. Develop and manage all State employees and volunteers.
Foster a culture of philanthropy within MADD. Assure that the organization’s corporate culture, systems and procedures support the goals and objectives of MADD. Lead staff and volunteers to institutionalize philanthropy within the organization.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Identify, contact and develop all sources of funds necessary to continue the operation of the state. On an ongoing basis, continue to develop corporate, community and other contacts to increase funding available for delivery of services and programs. Ensure that appropriate amount of funding to run the multi-state region is available at all times; maintain a balanced budget.
- Recruit, develop, manage and sustain, in a collaborative effort, a State Advisory Board to fulfill MADD’s mission through development of a Regional statewide strategic plan and implementation of core services and programs, based on MADD’s volunteer management model.
- Develop strategic capacity building plans to enable future growth of mission objectives in the Multi-State Region.
- In consultation with the Marcom Department, ensure accurate MADD messaging for staff & volunteers to represent MADD to the public, media and other outside organizations. Promote the organization’s mission and initiatives through pro-active outreach to these groups to raise awareness on the part of the public and elected officials.
- Identify areas within the Multi-State Region where victims are underserved; develop and implement programs to ensure services are available in those areas.
- Partner closely within each state legislators and Public Policy Department in preparation of recommendations consistent with MADD’s activities.
- Supervise grant administration, including but not limited to ensuring regular liaison and reporting to grant funder, achievement of annual grant performance objectives through program development and fiscal management of the grant for each state in the region.
- Recruit, train, develop and provide leadership to employees and volunteers. Ensure that all programs, services and grants are being implemented and managed efficiently, effectively and professionally through establishment of goals & objectives and that employees receive, understand and are held accountable in meeting goals & objectives for each state in the region.
- Ensure the State and Affiliate organizations within the Multi-State Region are in compliance with MADD policies, procedures and regulations pertaining to the organization’s operation, to include all grant compliance and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Five to seven years of progressively more responsible management experience in non-profit businesses. At least 4 years of prior staff management experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, vision and management to the respective area of supervision. Must be able to develop long and short term strategies to achieve the vision and communicate appropriately to inspire support and action.
- Ability to network and recruit support. Must be able to demonstrate an established track record in fund raising for non-profit organizations.
- Ability to travel, work a flexible schedule and respond to emergency situations.
- Strong organizational skills, be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and execute in a high-volume environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and convey thoughts clearly, logically and concisely both orally and in writing, using appropriate grammar and command of the English language.
- Ability to work both independently and with others to resolve issues and maintain composure and professionalism in an environment of changing and/or multiple priorities.
- Must be able to work on a time table, meet deadlines, follow instructions and accept direction on given assignments.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to maintain a high activity level.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations and maintain a professional demeanor during times of stress.
- Must have exceptional internal and external customer service orientation.
- Must have demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and be familiar with entering data into on-line systems. Should also have basic record keeping and math skills.
- Must have working knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain social, ethical and organizational standards in job related activities, at work and in the community.
- Ability to maintain workplace confidentiality and take ownership/accountability for own actions and aspects of the job.
- Demonstrated commitment, passion and compassion for the mission of MADD.
Typical Physical and Mental Demands –
This position requires working in an office setting and position may require long hours, handling conflicts and making decisions under pressure. This position may require sitting, standing, lifting/carrying (maximum 25 pounds) for at least 8 hours and a normal range of hearing and vision. The noise level is from quiet to moderate. This position requires the ability to operate a computer and other office machines such as fax, calculator and telephone. This position must be able to maintain confidentiality. This position may require a valid State Driver’s License and proof of insurance because the individual may be required to drive to alternate locations away from the office. Critical thinking, active learning, listening, writing, speaking, negotiating, persuasion, judgment and the ability to work under pressure may be mandatory for this position.
Salary $90,000 – $95,000
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Retirement 403(b) + 3% matching after 1 year
- Minimum 3 weeks Vacation
- 12 Paid Holidays per calendar year
- Up to 3 Floating Holidays per calendar year
- Paid Sick Time
- Modified Educational Assistance
- Parental Leave
- Basic Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance covered by Employer
- FSA, HRA
- Employee Assistance Program
- WFH Split: Four days in-person, One day work-from-home per week (90 day eligibility)
MADD is providing PPE equipment to all employees and safety training. This role will be expected to report in-person at our local office in St. Paul, MN.
How to Apply
Please provide resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Meghan Carter at MC.Resumes@madd.org