Location: Weston, Florida
Be a part of a team that promotes and manages some of the largest and fastest growing events within Mothers Against Drunk Driving! Up to 25% travel; mileage and travel costs will be reimbursed. Bilingual preferred, but not required.
Design, develop, execute and manage special events in support of fund raising efforts to achieve MADD’s mission. Develop and implement event goals, analyze effectiveness of events, establish relationships and solicit event sponsors/donors; manage contractors, vendors, sponsors, employees and volunteers.
Foster a culture of philanthropy within MADD. Be a leader for other staff and volunteers to institutionalize philanthropy within the organization.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Identify, develop, implement and manage special event programs to achieve fund raising objectives. Develop strategic, financial and operational goals annually and for each event.
- Develop, analyze and maintain event budgets that comply with MADD’s 25% expense to revenue ratio guidelines. Make appropriate revisions as necessary.
- Establish a volunteer recruitment plan to assure adequate volunteer resources for all event activities. Cultivate, train and manage volunteer staff to assist with events. Develop working committees for each event and oversee committee meetings and activities.
- Create and implement community outreach plans to build awareness of events. Identify, solicit and cultivate individual donors and businesses/corporations to secure monetary and in-kind sponsorships and donations as appropriate to the event. Ensure the fulfillment of all sponsorship benefits.
- Responsible for all creative and logistical aspects of the event to ensure efficiencies and deadlines. Promote and publicize the event to the media and community. Ensure delivery and distribution of all promotional materials supporting the event. Develop, maintain and manage vendor relationships
- Ensure that MADD is in compliance with all regulatory requirements for conducting the event, including proper logo and branding, and timely filing or submission of permits/applications/fees.
- Critically assess logistics of each event and provide recommendations for future improvement. Research, analyze and manage all statistics, tracking and reporting as it relates to donor trends and demographics.
- Keep current on marketing trends. Conduct market research to analyze events of competitors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with three to four years of proven results in fundraising and/or special event planning/management of equivalent experience required, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Experience with donor database reporting as well as high level of computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office products and spreadsheet development and analysis.
- Travel and flexible schedule required. Ability to be able to work non-traditional work hours.
- Strong organizational skills, be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and execute in a high-volume environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and convey thoughts clearly, logically and concisely both orally and in writing, using appropriate grammar and command of the English language.
- Ability to work both independently and with others to resolve issues and maintain composure and professionalism in an environment of changing and/or multiple priorities.
- Must be able to work on a time table, meet deadlines, follow instructions and accept direction on given assignments.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to maintain a high activity level.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations and maintain a professional demeanor during times of stress.
- Must have exceptional internal and external customer service orientation.
- Must have demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and be familiar with entering data into on-line systems. Should also have basic record keeping and math skills.
- Must have working knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain social, ethical and organizational standards in job related activities, at work and in the community.
- Ability to maintain workplace confidentiality and take ownership/accountability for own actions and aspects of the job.
- Demonstrated commitment, passion and compassion for the mission of MADD.
Typical Physical and Mental Demands –
This position requires working in an office setting and is generally considered sedentary, although this position may require long hours, handling conflicts and making decisions under pressure. This position may require sitting, standing, lifting/carrying (maximum 25 pounds) for at least 8 hours and a normal range of hearing and vision. The noise level is from quiet to moderate. This position requires the ability to operate a computer and other office machines such as fax, calculator and telephone. This position must be able to maintain confidentiality. This position may require a valid State Drivers License and proof of insurance because the individual may be required to drive to alternate locations away from the office. Critical thinking, active learning, listening, writing, speaking, negotiating, persuasion, judgment and the ability to work under pressure may be mandatory for this position.
Travel: 25% Mileage and travel costs will be reimbursed.
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Retirement 403(b) + 3% matching after 1 year
- Minimum 3 weeks Vacation
- 12 Paid Holidays per calendar year
- Up to 3 Floating Holidays per calendar year
- Paid Sick Time
- Modified Educational Assistance
- Parental Leave
- Basic Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance covered by Employer
- FSA, HRA
- Employee Assistance Program
- WFH Split: Four days in-person, One day work-from-home per week
MADD is providing PPE equipment to all employees and safety training. This role will be expected to report in-person at MADD Florida State Office.
How to Apply
Please provide resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Tracy Roloff at Tracy.Roloff@madd.org.