Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho.
This is a remote, work from home position. However, the preferred candidate needs to live in the geographical area of the job posting location.
Part time at 30hrs per week with full benefits.
Make a lasting impact in your community working with victims of alcohol and drugged driving by providing short term crisis intervention, emotional support, and court support.
Responsible for maintaining a caseload of victims of alcohol and drugged driving who are in need of short-term crisis intervention, emotional support, grief support groups, and appropriate referral sources for continued long-term needs. Provide court accompaniment and guidance with legal, financial, and medical systems. Work in conjunction with other Victim Services employees to provide consultation and support to victims where needed.
Foster a culture of philanthropy within MADD. Be a leader for other staff and volunteers to institutionalize philanthropy within the organization.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Utilizing independent judgment, conduct individual needs assessments on victims/survivors of alcohol and drugged driving crashes for emotional support, information, and referrals, implementing beneficial interventions based upon those assessments. Maintain current assessment of victim’s coping and need for further referrals.
- Based upon assessment, create and implement a tailored case management action plan for victims, which may include grief support assistance, crisis intervention, referrals for long-term counseling issues and other basic needs, as well as support group facilitation. May accompany victims/survivors to justice proceedings as appropriate. Provide advocacy by assisting in the protection and exertion of victims/survivors rights and educating others about the criminal and civil justice systems.
- Conduct community needs assessments and analyze results to determine the development, facilitation, and implementation of appropriate victim services, programs and events.
- Based upon results of community needs assessments, create and implement effective outreach strategies to reach victims and survivors of drunk and drugged driving crashes who may not otherwise be aware of MADD Victim Services.
- Utilizing analysis of community needs assessment, establish and utilize a network of key individuals in the legal, medical, and social service systems to facilitate assistance for victims/survivors. Collect and maintain community resource information to share with victims and other Victim Services employees.
- Recruit, screen, train, deploy, and recognize volunteers who provide assistance in meeting Victim Service initiatives.
- Maintain accurate case records, statistical information and grant reports for each victim case according to MADD and grant standards and guidelines. May be responsible for grant writing and reporting to grantor and MADD.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is required in a human services field of study (i.e. social work, psychology, sociology, criminal justice) with a minimum of one year of experience in victim advocacy (specifically case management) and/or grief support work (specifically bereaved individuals due to death), or
- Equivalent experience that includes a minimum of 5 years of experience in victim advocacy (specifically case management) and/or grief support work (specifically bereaved individuals due to death).
- Reliable transportation to court attendance is required along with a flexible schedule.
- Strong organizational skills, be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and execute in a high-volume environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and convey thoughts clearly, logically and concisely both orally and in writing, using appropriate grammar and command of the English language.
- Ability to work both independently and with others to resolve issues and maintain composure and professionalism in an environment of changing and/or multiple priorities.
- Must be able to work on a time table, meet deadlines, follow instructions and accept direction on given assignments.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to maintain a high activity level.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations and maintain a professional demeanor during times of stress.
- Must have exceptional internal and external customer service orientation.
- Must have demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and be familiar with entering data into on-line systems. Should also have basic record keeping and math skills.
- Must have working knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain social, ethical and organizational standards in job related activities, at work and in the community.
- Ability to maintain workplace confidentiality and take ownership/accountability for own actions and aspects of the job.
- Demonstrated commitment, passion and compassion for the mission of MADD.
Typical Physical and Mental Demands
This position requires working in an office setting and is generally considered sedentary, although this position may require long hours, handling conflicts and making decisions under pressure. This position may require sitting, standing, lifting/carrying (maximum 25 pounds) for at least 8 hours and a normal range of hearing and vision. The noise level is from quiet to moderate. This position requires the ability to operate a computer and other office machines such as fax, calculator and telephone. This position must be able to maintain confidentiality. This position may require a valid State Driver’s License and proof of insurance because the individual may be required to drive to alternate locations away from the office. Critical thinking, active learning, listening, writing, speaking, negotiating, persuasion, judgment and the ability to work under pressure may be mandatory for this position.
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Retirement 403(b) + 3% matching after 1 year
- Minimum 3 weeks Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- 10 Paid Holidays per calendar year
- Up to 3 Floating Holidays per calendar year
- Modified Educational Assistance
- Parental Leave
- Basic Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance covered by Employer
- Employee Assistance Program
We are providing PPE kits to all employees (mask, gloves, hand sanitizer), safety training, and allowing remote/work from home.
Please submit resume to Miren Aburusa at Miren.Aburusa@madd.org