We are so excited for this year’s Denver Walk Like MADD and are looking forward to seeing everyone in person at Sloan’s Lake Park! As a reminder, our event location within the park has moved! Walk Like MADD will be located at the north east corner of Sloan’s Lake Park – across the lake from where we had been for the past several years.
Online registration will close at 5:00 p.m. Friday afternoon, but walkers can still register at the event on Saturday morning. Registration will open at 7:30 a.m.
We are not giving away event T-shirts this year, but instead, we have MADD Colorado baseball caps for everyone who registers. Caps can be picked up by checking in at Registration when you arrive.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
7:30 a.m. – Registration & Check In Opens
8:00 a.m. – Vendors Open
9:00 a.m. – Opening Ceremony Begins & fundraising awards presented
9:30 a.m. – Walk Steps Off
10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Children & Family Activities
11:30 a.m. – Event Ends
Victim Tribute Area – Victim tribute activities will be located in our special Victim Services area of the event. Memorial activities will be available and MADD Victim Specialists will also be on hand in the Victim Services area for those attendees who may need some emotional support on the morning of our event.
Doggie Den – Special treats will be available for your four-legged friends. You can also enter to win a special prize for your fur baby!
Vendor Village – Visit our sponsors and vendors to learn about these great organizations, grab some fun giveaways, and taste some great treats!
Safety is of the utmost importance to MADD. To ensure the safety of those most vulnerable in our community, MADD is taking extra precautions with regard to mask wearing. All event staff, volunteers, and vendors will be wearing masks. MADD strongly encourages Walk Like MADD participants to wear masks while in our event area and to socially distance from others while on the walk route. Masks will be available at no charge at Registration.
Event leaders will continue to monitor COVID-19 information and health guidance to adjust guidelines as necessary.
Follow these easy directions to get to Walk Like MADD at Sloan’s Lake Park.
- Take I-25 to Exit 210A / Colfax Ave.
- Follow Colfax Ave. West to Sheridan Blvd.
- Turn right onto Sheridan Blvd.
- Turn right on 26th Ave.
For VIP and Handicap parking: (VIPs with reserved parking who have been pre-notified will have priority parking in this lot. When this parking lot is full participants will be directed to overflow parking.)
- Turn right on Vrain St. into Sloan’s Lake Park. Denver Police and MADD Volunteers will be stationed at the entrance with a check in list for VIP attendees.
- A volunteer parking attendant will direct you for parking.
For General Overflow Parking:
- Just a few blocks past Sloan’s Lake Park turn right on Quitman St.
- Turn right on 23rd Ave.
- Turn left on Stuart St. and park on the right side of the road.
- Various small parking lots are located around the perimeter of Sloan’s Lake Park for additional parking, and street parking is available on the streets surrounding Sloan’s Lake Park. Be sure to not block any driveways and to take not of any special permit parking areas.
Participants are encouraged to utilize public transportation, bike, or carpool to Sloan’s Lake Park. Visit www.rtd-denver.com to utilize RTD’s trip planning services.
We’re looking forward to seeing you on Saturday and having a great event!