ALL attendees must Pre-Register in order to attend SMART. You may either register online and pay with a credit card or contact Nicole at email@example.com if you are paying in-person with a money order. There will be NO on-site registration.
Printable 2021 Schedule
In-Person SMART Programs
We have the following dates and times for SMART (youth program for people under 21 with infractions OTHER THAN DUI).
West Hartford: Monday, September 27th – EVENING (registration begins at 5:15pm and the program begins at 6pm)
**NEW LOCATION** Danbury Police Department, 375 Main St., Danbury, CT
Danbury: Monday, October 18th – EVENING (registration begins at 5:15pm and the program begins at 6pm)
Shelton: Tuesday, October 26th – EVENING (registration begins at 5:15pm and the program begins at 6pm)
Torrington: Wednesday, November 10th – EVENING (registration begins at 5:15pm and the program begins at 6pm)
We have strict guidelines that we now have to adhere to. Each client will be required to wear a face mask at all times, have their temperature taken upon arrival, answer screening questions, and maintain social distancing. The maximum capacity for each panel is 25 people.
Printable 2021 Schedule
This program is for NOT for anyone charged with a DUI. If charged with a DUI, please refer to Victim Impact Panel page.
The MADD Power of You(th)® Start Making A Right Turn™ SMART TEEN Program and MADD Power of Parents® Start Making A Right Turn™ SMART PARENT Program is tailored for individuals under the age of 21 at the time of offense and parents for those under the age of 18. The programs are designed for those found to be in violation of Connecticut motor vehicle, minor in possession of alcohol, possession of marijuana or underage drinking laws and the associated dangers.
To attend the MADD SMART™ Teen & Parent Programs, please follow these instructions:
- Choose a location: specific dates can be found when you click on the location.
- Program Fee: $50.00 credit card pre-registration or money order made payable to MADD Connecticut and a Photo ID. (For example – driver’s license, state issued ID, student ID, or passport). We do not accept cash or personal checks.
- If under 18, a parent or guardian is required to attend the program and must bring a Photo ID and additional $50 program fee.
- Re-check the website on the afternoon of the program to make sure that no changes or cancellations have been made to the schedule.
- Registration for the program begins at 5:15 pm. The program starts at 6:00 pm. Doors close and registration ends at 6:00 pm. No one will be permitted after 6:00 pm. Latecomers will not be allowed entry and refunds will not be given. The program is first-come, first-serve. Pre-registration does not guarantee a seat. If you miss registration or no seats are available the MADD Connecticut office will be able to change your registration.
- Pre-registration is available for all locations.
- Upon completion of the program, all participants are given a certificate of completion to submit to the courts or other respective referral agencies. You must retain and provide this verification to the court. MADD shall report whether the defendant satisfactorily completed the program to the Court Support Services Division.
- DO NOT CALL THE PROGRAM LOCATIONS. They have no affiliation with MADD and are not able to provide you with information.
- If you have questions, please contact MADD at 203-764-2566 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have been charged or convicted of a DUI, please register for the MADD CT Victim Impact Panel, VIP. The SMART program will not fulfill your requirement.
Italian American Social Club
40 Hamre lane, Branford, CT 06405, USA (map)
Danbury Police Department
375 Main St., Danbury, CT 06810, USA (map)
Groton Police Department
68 Groton Long Point Road, Groton, CT 06340, USA (map)
Hamden – There are currently no scheduled programs at this location.
Spring Glen Church
1825 Whitney Ave, Hamden, CT 06517, USA (map)
Torrington Public Library
12 Daycoeton Pl, Torrington, CT 06790, USA (map)
Faith Lutheran Church
300 Washington St, Middletown, CT 06457, USA (map)
Norwalk – There are currently no scheduled programs at this location.
Norwalk City Hall Community Room
125 East Ave, Norwalk, CT 06851, USA (map)
Norwich Alliance Church
35 Wawecus Hill Road, Norwich, CT 06360, USA (map)
3 Corporate Drive, Shelton CT 06484, USA (map)
American Medical Response- Waterbury
117 E Aurora St., Waterbury, CT 06708, USA (map)
Waterford – There are currently no scheduled programs at this location.
Waterford Public Library
Program in basement.
49 Rope Ferry Rd, Waterford, CT 06385, USA (map)
American Medical Response-West Hartford
130 Shield St, West Hartford, CT 06110 (map)
Willimantic – There are currently no scheduled programs at this location.
Eastern Connecticut State University
Student Center, Room 113 & 115
83 Windham St, Willimantic, CT 06226, USA (map)