The sun is shining, the weather is HOT and we here at MADD Nebraska are thinking about fall. Why? Because we are already excited for our 2018 Walk Like MADD/MADD Dash 5k Event happening on October 21st. Walk Like MADD/MADD Dash 5k works to increase awareness and support for the MADD mission in the state. It also acts as MADD Nebraska’s signature fundraising event. Each step taken and each dollar raised helps bring us closer to a future with no more victims.
The event planning committee has been meeting since the beginning of the year to plan details, do outreach and make the event amazing. We know it makes sense for them to be working on this event so far out, but we are hoping you will start thinking about it too. There are many reasons to get on board and register for the event now!
- You get a discount. Who doesn’t love a discount? The event price goes up starting in September, so you might as well register now to save $5!
- You get to hear from us more! By registering early you get all sort of great communication from us here at the MADD Nebraska State Office.
- There is plenty of time to convince other people to join us. Because everything is more fun with friends. Early registration gives you more time to talk your friends into walking with you.
- You can train to run it. Yep, we said run. There is a fun run, so why not make this the day you start that couch to 5k program you have been considering. We promise there will be all sorts of people out there to support you and tell you how amazing you are doing.
- There is time to reach your fundraising goal. Whether it is $50 or $5,000, the more time you have to work on it, the easier it is to make it happen.
If that isn’t enough, you also get to support the MADD mission. Of course, you do that whenever you register, but early registration allows you to tell all of your friends that you did it first. And it is always fun to be first, right?! All you need to do is sign up here today.
We can’t wait to walk and run with you all on October 21st at Holmes Lake in Lincoln! We are so excited to walk with you moving the MADD mission forward in our state.