A person’s life is forever changed following a drunk or drugged driving crash. Many victims and survivors are left not knowing what to do or where to turn. MADD Victim Services is here to help those following the aftermath of a crash at no cost to the victim.
Victim Services Provided at No Charge- we strive to provide as many services as possible to victims of drugged and drunk driving crashes. Listed below are some examples of services that MADD Nebraska is able to provide for those impacted by impaired driving.
- Offer emotional support to those impacted by phone, in person, or via email
- Provide a wide selection of free brochures and literature, available in both English and Spanish related to the aftermath of the crash.
- Provide information, education, and assistance in understanding the various laws related to drunk and drugged driving laws.
- Education on the criminal justice process and court proceedings
- Assistance with preparation of a Victim Impact Statement to present at the sentencing of the offender. Depending on availability, sometimes MADD can provide accompaniment to court or if you are unable to attend, keep you informed of the legal proceedings
- Assist victims in understanding their rights as a victim and completing an application for Crime Victims Compensation
- Assist in preparing statements for parole hearings or probation hearings
- Referrals to local community resources including but not limited to support groups, crisis professional counselors, and civil attorneys.
- Monthly virtual support group, meeting the first Tuesday evening of the month at 6:00 p.m. (zoom link available by request-email firstname.lastname@example.org)
To reach the MADD Nebraska Victim Advocate, please call (402) 434-5330 or email email@example.com. 24/7 Victim Services are always available at 1-877-MADD-HELP (877-623-3435).